Thursday, May 7, 2009

Who is the Top?



I'm not quite sure what it means to be "the top." I don't know if it is a height thing, or if it has something to do with spinning...or what. I just don't know. I can say that there are a few things that I do know about the top...but most of those things I learned from the Cole Porter song. If he thinks he was pathetic when he waxed those words poetic...yet he thought it best to get them off of his chest. I am not just parading by my own serenading in a pretty little ditty thus expressed:

Jen's the Top! She's the Coliseum.
Jen's the Top! She's the Louvre Museum
(pronounced LOOVE by the way.)
Jen is the melody from a symphony by Strauss.
She's a bendel bonnet,
a Shakespeare sonnet,
(I won't say that she's Mickey Mouse...though it does rhyme with Strauss.)

So I can't say enought about my wife. I know that it's not our anniversary, or some special day that I should remember (at least I "think" that I know these things...) I just had an enormous outpouring of emotion for her, and I had to say:

Jen's the Nile! She's the Tow'r of Pisa.
She's the smile on the Mona Lisa.
I know that I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop!
But if I'm the bottom, Jen's the top!

Jen's the Top! She's Mahatma Gandhi
(just with better cuisine tactics.)
Jen's the Top! She's Napoleon Brandy
(non-alcoholic...'cause we're Mormon.)
Jen's the purple light of a summer night in Spain.
She's the National Gallery; she's Oprah's salary,
She's the Spaceship 1 plane
(I had to update these lines because the original's have been "topped" so to speak...)

Ok...that's enough of that. The song goes on and on, and frankly is outdated by quite a bit the further on that it goes. I am sure that some of the comparisons are still timeless; but who knows anything about the Whitney Stable or the moon over Mae West's shoulder anymore?

So, with the graphic that I included you can plainly see that I am the speck hiding behind the smallest blade of grass at the bottom...and there, above even the guy dropping the cat off of the top of the known universe, is Jen. Click on it if you need to make it bigger. I got it off of this great site called xkcd.com....it's great and you may want to check it out for yourself.

She is the top.

No comments: